AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Aztech
Posted 11/30/2015 20:17 (#4929980 - in reply to #4928830)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer prices

MN
jasonl - 11/30/2015 12:24

I see you are a supplier, do you have storage or just go from the terminal to the field?  How do you blend it between the terminal to the field?  I guess the normal end user doesn't have the trucks to make that many trips to the river when the barge comes in and sit in line at planting time and harvest time.  Believe me when I say I would love to save a buck, but sometimes you have to give up a little for convenience. 

If you could help me out to save a pile of cash compared to my local co-op I am all ears, I will contact you if you can give me plan.

I have no idea where you are but no, we don't have storage. We use hopper tenders and go direct in the spreader at the field. Customer said we where $90 / Ton cheaper on urea this fall compared to local retailer, and our spreading is cheaper, although we encourage customers to buy their own spreaders. If we need blended loads we have several blend houses we work with near the terminals to blend any mix we need. That does have some added cost, but not bad. There is also talk of one of the terminals putting in a blender which would be handy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)