AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another drone question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/26/2015 11:47 (#4920212 - in reply to #4920110)
Subject: RE: Another drone question?

southern MN
Yes.

Battery life is an issue, lucky to get 20 minutes from a flight so you don't do much hovering and waiting. You'd want a lot of practice before doing that, and one round would likely be your time limit, but yes I have seen youtubes done that way.

Interference scares some that have 'lost signal' so flying from inside a cab with metal and radar and wires around is your choice. Many do, but just the good and the bad.

With the popular Phantom 3 an iPad Mini 2, 3, or 4 works well. You can get a bigger Air to see better, but it is heavier and bigger to hold and take with. Technically I think a newer iPhone works but is terribly small. Several other brands of tablets work well too, of various sizes. I think a lot of folk like that Mini size of tablet, not so bulky, still big enough?

Some grey hair does't prevent a person from flying them or figuring them out. I've never used a yield monitor my combine is too old they sound scary to set up, but a drone is a piece of cake.

I think we farmers need to consider that interference stuff tho, around grain bins and radars and power lines and the like. If they get confused they either land then, or return to home point and land - you need to allow a clear path for that. Unless something stopped thrm from seeing the GPS satellites......

Always always always remember which stick makes the drone fly up, and so long as you aren't under a tree or power line, it is very easy to fly out of trouble.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)