AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Tractor Harnes - What is each connector and terminator for specifically?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/24/2015 17:34 (#4917262)
Subject: John Deere Tractor Harnes - What is each connector and terminator for specifically?

I have the installation instructions for installing a GreenStar Wiring Harness and GPS Cab Bracket into John Deere tractors. The document number on the title page is AR177464. It is a useful document but my area of interest is installing the harness in a competitive machine.

In particular, I am very interested in the following things:

1. If I have two tractor harnesses in the tractor and I'm using non-Deere GPS, what is the proper way to provide speed to both tractor harnesses with only one on hockey puck GPS radar simulator?

2. Since I'm installing in a competitive tractor, I assume the diagnostics portion of the 6 pin weatherpack is not used for anything, but rather the 6 pin weatherpacks are only used for providing power to the harness?

3. Is there a document that explains what each connector and terminator is on both the "Greenstar Cab Harness" and the "Greenstar Implement Connector Harness"?

4. My "GreenStar Cab Harness" has a CAN connector on the end that emulates the place on the cornerpost of a JD tractor where you would plug a 2630 display in. The diagrams in my installation instructions do not show this, but instead they show the connections for plugging directly into a brownbox display. Do I have the wrong instruction manual? What is the correct instruction manual? Can I download that manual somewhere or do I have to request that my dealer provide it for me?

5. When I remove the loom on the "Greenstar Implement Connector" portion of the harness, I see no shielding and I see nothing special about the wires themselves. It almost looks to me as if I could take great liberties in modifying the harness (in terms of length) as long as I took special care to make excellent connections when I lengthen or shorten a portion of the harness. If this is the case, I can make a much neater installation and I would love to do so.

6. Are there documents that are more technical in nature than the installation manual? For example, a description of which pin does what throughout the harness and a wiring diagram indicating what goes where?

I am going to add another post to this thread detailing what all I'm doing, but it will be longer than this so I figured I would just start with what I want to learn in this post so that people do not have to wade through more info than they want. My next post will be a description of what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

Edited by dpilot83 11/24/2015 18:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)