AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Becks corn hybrid # 5939
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 12/1/2015 07:29 (#4930828 - in reply to #4930366)
Subject: RE: Becks corn hybrid # 5939

tj_farmer - 11/30/2015 20:56

whats your take on 6365,6165, and 5828, 1586, anythings to look out for?

6365/6165 are both sister lines. Have to stay on good dirt. Obvious from 2 years of data they are some of the best highest yielding genetics on the market. 6365 will outyield 6165 but not everybody can plant 113 day corn. 5665 is also a sister line and earlier yet. My experience with P genetics in the past has been that I have been able to push the limits on where I can put some of the hybrids that have to stay on better dirt, but would still stay on 150+ corn ground. 6365 has incredible foliar disease resistance for the yield it pushes. Usually there is compromise but I would put this hybrid corn on corn. It does like late N.

5828 goes anywhere. Around here it fell on its face with 30" of rain in June in certain spots in our 3 county area. Reason being it takes up N early and is more determinate. Mother nature was not kind to that type of hybrid "here". That said move it 1hr away and it had plot topping performance for the 3rd strait year. Make sure to have some N up front. Plant it on pretty much any dirt. I would use the old 6175 if you had some lighter sands but this one will still go on sandier soils but if it gets shortened easy that would be my only concern.

If you have one other consideration they have a new number 5829. It won the choice trials in NE-ILL. It goes on more variable soils and fits good on the tougher ground. It's a viptera so it's another mode of action to mix in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)