AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

one pass corn herbicide program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 11/16/2015 09:31 (#4899249 - in reply to #4898837)
Subject: RE: one pass corn herbicide program

McLeod County, MN
Boone & Crockett - 11/16/2015 02:54

Buck S - 11/15/2015 21:12

When its time to plant then PLANT. Not plant and spray. The planter pass is too sacred to mess it up or slow it down if conditions are right.

You can come back later with a little Halex GT and some atrizine and take care of most weeds when the corn is about 2" tall and it has held up like a rockstar up here in the land of RR waterhemp and giant rag.
thanks, Buck.
We, too, have been spraying with planter, and have been satisfied with results. Nice knowing when you leave the field, spraying is done. But that was always with a pre-emerge, and of course relied on some rain to activate it. I like your program. And having no herbicide to mess up young seedlings would be a huge benefit. I've never used Halex before, what's the approximate cost at full rate? Have you ever needed a second follow up pass? TIA.

If you go a full 4 pts to the acre and a lb of atrizine you are probably looking at around $20, but at least you know when you come back in the fall the field will be 100% clean. Lots of guys here still do 3.6 pts Halex and then 1 lb of atrizine. If the corn gets a little taller cause of rain or whatever you can spike it with a little Status.

Its rare to see a weed in the fall with this program for me. Never a second pass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)