AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ilevo trials
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 11/6/2015 13:00 (#4880900 - in reply to #4880582)
Subject: RE: Ilevo trials

King City, Mo
frytownfarmer - 11/6/2015 09:51

lawfarms - 11/6/2015 06:43 Nontreated out yielded it in side by side in my plot. Untreated WX1137NLL 60.9bu Ilevo WX1137NLL 59.7 bu No sds in the plot Spend your money on fertility not treatments.

with 1 bu. difference i wouldn't say it out yielded it... maybe there was no difference but it also doesn't look like you had any sudden death... the info i would want is in an area where there is sudden death... then you have to figure out if the profit from those years makes up for the years with no sudden death...

thanks for doing a plot though. 

Good point. I should have stated basically the same yield but the profit winner was the naked beans.

We took 40 some units of the same 3.7 Liberty Link to a field with a history of sds just east of here. It was a bottom and the grower agreed to put half ilevo beans in one side of his planter and our standard treatment on the other side and lockout the center unit. he planted a few strips like that in two fields near each other. Only trouble was it was July 4-6th when he planted it so not a good test. No sds on that farm.

He did plant some other beans of another variety that is now discontinued that had sds in them. we soil tested his fields and the K base was 1%..........I like to see it at 4%+ here.

So maybe if sds is an issue we look at planting a bean that works in your area but doesn't require a $$ treatment per acre that may or maynot be needed. Then we can spend that $$ on fertility or tile or better equipment to improve our operation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)