AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good bye crp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Farmerkuk
Posted 10/7/2015 22:19 (#4828677 - in reply to #4828615)
Subject: RE: Good bye crp

Wyobraska
Tee post are known to sink in the sand over time. The price is about the same as wood, any perminate fence gets wood. I will use a t post when using electric wire. The pic of the cow and wire fence has a concrete ditch buried next to it I want to try and build a head rack to feed ration into someday.

I really don't have a clue what I will plant. Lots depends on if a pivot goes up or not. The entire piece has a ditch water right.

Part of me want to just turn into irrigated grass go in this spring and interseed grass forage mix. Another idea is to plant oats and see what happen after grazing all winter. Another idea is just to power graze it all till spring, break it up and plant corn. I can graze stalks entire winters around here Stalks have quite a bit of value to my cows. It would be a great place to run calves all winter on stalks.

None the less it will be a place to calve cows as there is a tree row to the west and large canal ditch for cover to the north and lies in front of my house with many look out points.

Who knows may just turn it into a huge dry lot and a calving factory? Currently kicking out summer/ fall pairs. Going to kick out the bred hfrs after preg chking tomorrow. It's time for them to learn about being cows!

Edited by Farmerkuk 10/7/2015 22:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)