AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mother of my son (not a good read but need advice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

swne
Posted 10/4/2015 08:37 (#4822461 - in reply to #4822153)
Subject: RE: Mother of my son (not a good read but need advice)

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
My sons going through a similar situation with his daughter just about the same age. Ex daughter-in-law has mental issues and abuses prescription drugs. The courts wouldn't do anything about changing visitation. (My son has sole custody). Finally pinned her for leaving his daughter alone and the county attorney and child protective services got involved and told my son his daughter would not have to go back to her mother for visitation no matter what the family court judge had ordered before.
I would sure try to limit visitation with the mother. Ask the court for supervised visitation only. If you don't get that send a phone with your son to his mothers during a visitation and when she is drunk have him call you then you call the police. You risk having your son taken from both of you for a bit but at least you will have the law on your side with evidence of what is going on. That is pretty much what happened with our son but the police immediately turned over his daughter to his care right away.
Keep having your son as your first priority. These are very formative years. Try not to speak poorly of his mother. He will always want a connection no matter how bad things get but he also has to be told his mother is sick and needs help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)