AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For the single guys--Would you give up your farm for a woman?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 9/20/2015 19:16 (#4799641)
Subject: For the single guys--Would you give up your farm for a woman?

West of Broken Bow
Got to thinking about that gosh awful show the Bachelor. This year's bachelor is a farmer. I was thinking how it would be very doubtful that guy or most any would give up the farm just because a potential wife wanted them to.

I still live alone, but by choice. Personally don't have anything against marriage, just have chosen to not make the plunge. At least for the time being anyhow. A few years ago I met a very beautiful, blonde lady. And when I say beautiful, others definitely thought so too. We hit it off pretty good. After a while I began to wonder if she was the one. She was fun to spend time with and was more than just a pretty face.

Unfortunately, her expectations were that I was to give up everything and move far North if we married. She said that there would be no compromise on her part. Life in the city is just not for me. Honestly thought maybe she'd change her mind. Nope. I'm not used to long winters and very cold weather. It was an uncomfortable thought to just completely give up everything. All my friends and possessions and familiarities. Being married to her would've been nice, but I couldn't agree to her terms. Man oh man she's a very lovely lady. Hated the idea of being stuck in the city and at the mercy of the in-laws. At times I wish I could've changed her mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)