AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quantum Web Access Serial Number formatting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/13/2015 06:35 (#4786072 - in reply to #4785046)
Subject: RE: Quantum Web Access Serial Number formatting

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm curious what is involved with such a setup. We have a dryer setup on my brother's farm place. He is retired but still lives there and helps us a lot but is not involved with running the dryer.

My nephew lives on the next place, I'm on the home place which is next to my nephew's. My great nephew lives on yet another place in the immediate area. All three of us have Internet capabilities from a service that has a transmitter/receiver on top of the grain leg. My brother does not have Internet service on the place where the transmitter/receiver is physically located.

The dryer is an MC tower type which I understand has capabilities to be connected to an MC website for remote viewing anywhere Internet is available. As I understand the setup. 1) Internet service would be necessary at my brother's place to get the information from the dryer into the website (this is certainly possible but would likely only be used for the dryer) 2) MC has a website that requires a one time and a yearly fee. This might involve some actual hardware.

The fees and additional costs are making this approach undesirable for our situation. In reality if the dryer shuts down overnight, there aren't many hours lost before someone is around the place working with the livestock anyway.

Another approach which might be cheaper and better may be to use a web based camera. This would still require Internet access at the site.

One thing that puzzles me is that sometimes when I'm at my brother's place my iPhone will indicate that WiFi is available. To my knowledge they do not have an WiFi devices on the place. If I try to connect to the WiFi device, my iPhone tries but then gives up and says connection not available.

Anyone have any more information or thoughts on a setup such as this? TIA.

Edited by tedbear 9/13/2015 06:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)