AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New farm layout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 9/12/2015 21:13 (#4785691 - in reply to #4783308)
Subject: RE: New farm layout

east central ND
If your future plans are for say a leg, then cluster the bins and put the biggest next to a leg. I like having bins lined up, and in my set up I hope in the future it will be roof conveyers or a air system from a dryer. If the photo works, The 2 big bins are 42', the 3rd larger bin is a 27'. The are loaded and unloaded with augers from the LH (west) side. Takes a lot of room to set up the big auger to load the bins. The 4 smaller, older 18' bins are loaded and unloaded from the south. The small bin to the RH of the 27' (smaller big bin) is a hopper that should get moved in the future and a dryer put in its place.

Edit: The photo of the semi unloading into the big bin is not normally how the truck lines up to dump. Normally the truck is more parallel with the bins, and then the angle drive on the auger makes more sense. I am not sure why I lined up that way with that load.

Edit #2: The machine shed is a 56 x 90. Just for size comparison to your drawing. I would not want any less room around it. The big door faces the bin site to the north. When the shed was built 30 years ago there was plenty of room between the bins and the north shed door. Now it gets a bit tight with maneuvering bigger equipment in the yard.

Edited by D6Joe 9/13/2015 09:15

(farm.jpg)

(IMG_3988unloading4.jpg)

(IMG_3985unloading1.jpg)

(DSCN1082unloading.jpg)

(Photo073.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments farm.jpg (152KB - 328 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3988unloading4.jpg (137KB - 232 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3985unloading1.jpg (129KB - 281 downloads)
Attachments DSCN1082unloading.jpg (119KB - 291 downloads)
Attachments Photo073.jpg (149KB - 302 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)