AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Threats in 1st grade?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 9/4/2015 17:27 (#4770758 - in reply to #4769836)
Subject: RE: Threats in 1st grade?

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

I rode a bus for a number of years with a kid (who happened to be a preacher's son) who was quiet, studious, and never bothered anyone. There was another kid who was a loud mouth and always spouting off about something. He was constantly picking on the quiet kid. Then one day as the quiet kid was getting off the bus with an armload of books this loud mouth said something and the quiet kid had had enough. He shifted all his books to one arm, turned around and smashed his fist down right on top of the loud mouth's head. The loud mouth just sat there in stunned silence. He never bothered the quiet kid again. Since both of them were a few years behind me in school I lost track of the quiet kid after I graduated but the loud mouth eventually grew up and is currently serving a church as a minister. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. As a kid he was the exact opposite of a godly person.

As another poster said, bullying stops when the bullied will no longer allow themselves to be bullied. I am by no means promoting violence, but that is the only language some people understand.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)