AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you still order Pioneer 33P67?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Case IH farmer
Posted 9/3/2015 21:39 (#4769297 - in reply to #4769086)
Subject: RE: Can you still order Pioneer 33P67?

IL
IowaGuy - 9/3/2015 17:48

Yes, 33P67 would have been something had we sprayed it with fungicide. I heard rumors that Monsanto/DeKalb was able to buy the "67" genetics from DuPont. DeKalb did come up with some very good yielding corn about the time "67" had run it's course. And then the fungicide era set in and DeKalb seemed to take off in my area. I sprayed 3394 with fungicide in about 1992 or 1994 on the advice of Pioneer. Was the first time I ever raised an entire field with an average over 200 bushel, and it was more like 220. I should have been smart enough to take that experience and spray "67" but just didn't figure it out. After advising me to spray my 3394 I always wondered why Pioneer didn't tell me to spray the "67". I guess I wasn't the only one to drop the ball.

Yeah back in the days of 33P67 when corn was $2.00 nobody was spraying fungicide on anything. And I had heard that to about P giving dekalb the P67 genetics because of some lawsuit they had. Think 63-74 was the one they claimed had 67 genetics. It was good corn so it might have been true.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)