AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What anthracnose (not sure if that is how you spell it) can to to corn that had great potential.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mtbfarms
Posted 9/2/2015 05:40 (#4765658 - in reply to #4764957)
Subject: RE: What anthracnose (not sure if that is how you spell it) can to to corn that had great potential.

SW OH
I will see if i can clear up as much as i can. It is anthracnose for sure. The copper color does not show up very well on my phone and then not at all after posting the pics. This was sprayed at r1 with a fingicide with a ground rig. The one on the right is scs 1115. The one on the left is a discontinued scs hybrid that i had them dig out of the closet for me. They asked me not to asvertise the # since it was discontinued. It was a racer that i had really good suscess with in the past.
We are about 2 weeks behind schedule. Normally we a black layered about now.
Not all of sw ohio corn is 18 around monsters. We have some fields that are counting below 100 bu due to being under water. I picked these for the picture because it is a side x side that has a very dramatic difference between the two.
I thought i was home free withthis field. It made it into august pretty much disease free. Still had moisture and N left. Then "WHAM"!! Around here anthracnose was just known as "black combine syndrome". Never a yield robber though. Driving around i can see fields that were showing the copper leaves 3 weeks ago. In my area nobody is talking about this disease. There is going to be quite a few "oh crap what happened" once the combines start to roll.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)