AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If Pioneer is such a crappy corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 8/30/2015 21:41 (#4761869 - in reply to #4761570)
Subject: RE: If Pioneer is such a crappy corn

HAHA, to be honest that is our last experience with Mycogen as well. Last time we planted it was 2011 and it grew so tall and pretty relative to our other dryland hybrids. Come pollination fell apart. Didn't pollinate worth anything, that was enough for us didn't plant any after that. Our DK dealer is also a Mycogen dealer and talked me into some last year. Didn't get it planted last year saved it for this year. Ordered another box different variety this year due to a lower price because of germ, planted them side by side as they were the longest season hybrids we had and worked out with the delays we were having in planting. So unfortunately I didn't get to plant them side by side versus some of our best long season Pioneer. However, it is right next to it in another field so we should have a good idea come harvest how they rank. The low germ was 2V717 I think, they don't put the actual number on the box on the low germ lots, I would have to check with my dealer to be 100% sure. The other was 2A659.

Edited by No soil disturbance 8/30/2015 21:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)