AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saudi troops invaded northern Yemen this AM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/28/2015 12:15 (#4757790 - in reply to #4757622)
Subject: Wasn't me..

Lol.. not my story.

Anyone remember the story back in the day on Gilligan's island.. where Mr Howell deeded some desert land to Gilligan.. later that day they heard over the radio that the missing millionaire was even richer as they struck oil on that very property.. which Gilligan now owned.

This of course set Mr Howell off.. so he schemed to get the land back FROM Gilligan..

.. next day.. news report was that the gusher on the land was just a Crude oil truck buried in a sand storm.. and there was no Real oil find..

lol.. Not sure why this story comes to mind.. but.. so it goes in Energy.

Iraq's Hussein invaded Iran.. at least 2 times and Kuwait once all while Crude rallied..  everyone else in OPEC (that wasn't being invaded) sat back and enjoyed the higher revenues.. "golly someone should do something.."

I hate to be that skeptical but this is just "another day" in the crude market..  If we are going to be dependent upon the Middle East for Crude.. well.. then this is going to be SOP... so might as well get used to it.

KSA vs Yemen

KSA vs Iran..

Iraq vs Iran

Iraq vs Iraq..

Israel vs..

etc..

and so forth..

I mean this could go on forever...

I mean I'm all for helping our friends.. but.. I'm not as gung-ho to send our boys in after Mr Cheney to play policeman.. now.. been there done that..

and the thanks we got???

Lawrence of Arabia really was a great movie.. wasn't it?

http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/lawrence-of-arabia-quotes.html

Prince Feisal: There's nothing further here for a warrior. We drive bargains. Old men's work. Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men; courage and hope for the future. Then, old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men; mistrust and caution.

and this one within the troops..

General Murray: Salute! If you're insubordinate of me, Lawrence, I shall put you under arrest.
T.E. Lawrence: It's my manner, sir.
General Murray: Your manner?
T.E. Lawrence: Yes. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't really.
General Murray: No. I can't make out whether you're bloody bad-mannered or just half-witted.
T.E. Lawrence: I have the same problem, sir.

Edited by JonSCKs 8/28/2015 12:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)