AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

picked up wheat not picked up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 8/20/2015 10:05 (#4743300 - in reply to #4742865)
Subject: RE: picked up wheat not picked up

Dearfield Co.
In Nebraska you could tell them to shove it and negate the contract which I think wouldn't be in your favor price wise this year. There have been several lawsuits in Dundy Co nebraska involving the old Debruce grain and a farmer I will cal wilfred Hansen for the sake of the conversation. Wilfred has a vacation planned in Octand has grain to ship in O-N-D . He is gone all of Oct and couldn't ship then the weather turned in Nov. Dec and they couldn't get the corn out. The provisions of the contract had no provisions for carry so he sued and the judge stated he was out of the contract . Debruce took it to a jury trial and the jury also said the same thing. That set a precedent for the farmers especially if a market rally took place.

For all making comments in favor of the grain purchaser you must remember that whats good for one party is good for another and if pickup dates aren't honored the rest of the contract can be challenged and most importantly that would be the price I would bet in this case. After the Nebraska court case I saw lots of contracts just not picked up and honored if the price rallied greatly even though the traders always sold it on the board and backed the purchase up

Editted to add-------------All the companies I used to work with when you pressed them for a advance on a aging pickup date would all agree to send a advance but what they sent insetd was trucks. They usually caught up at that point then used to float time for payment

Edited by a4t-1600 8/20/2015 10:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)