AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost to outsource harvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 8/18/2015 06:20 (#4739126 - in reply to #4738976)
Subject: RE: Cost to outsource harvest

NE Iowa
I have 2 different guys I work with on custom combining. This is what they charged last year:

Custom Guy #1: Newer CaseIH combine with Hillco leveling option with 6 row 30" head with Calmer BT Chopper knife rolls. $35/acre to combine and I provide the fuel. Charges $35/hour for use of tractor and ~600 bu grain cart. Fields are close and grain cart is used to haul to directly to bins so works out to roughly $5 per acre. I put the fuel in the grain cart tractor also. If I need this guy to haul to elevator he uses pairs of 650 bu wagons to go 11 miles one way for $.18 per bu. This guy is meticulous about combine settings and loses very little grain.

Custom Guy #2: About 5 year old JD combine with 6 row 30" regular head. $35/acre to combine and he provides the fuel. Charges $5/acre for 2 tractors, two ~500 bu grain carts, and one operator. He provides the fuel for the grain cart tractors also. He hauls to river terminal (~12 miles) for me with his one 42' grain trailer for $.16/bu. This guys can combine an entire farm for me without me being there for these prices.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)