AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sauna, good or bad idea?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 8/16/2015 17:35 (#4736340 - in reply to #4736282)
Subject: RE: Sauna, good or bad idea?

Thumb of Michigan
I have one. Great way to warm up, especially in the winter. My UP Finnish/Swedish friends consider the Sauna an almost religious experience. Many people use them as their sole source of personal hygiene- replaces a shower/bath. Anyway, if I use mine in the winter maybe even once a week, I'll never get a cold. I think it helps with the flu, but maybe my imagination. I have skin issues, it helps there an awful lot as well. I've never seen anyone that regularly uses a sauna have acne issues. Every sauna I've been in is a dry sauna, not much steam involved if you're doing it right. Too much and you'll burn your lungs. Not sure about weight loss, maybe with a steam room type deal? Know nothing about those.

Mines heated with a wood stove, Lake Superior rocks on top of it ( you need the right stones- the wrongs ones will split or blow up) and I get it near 180 to 200 degrees. My Dad built his with a LP fired stove, I've been in the hotel versions with electric heaters. I like wood the best myself. Been in some expensive saunas, been in some that were built with 100% scrap lumber from a saw mill. They all work the same way. Get the rocks hot, throw a little bit of water on them occasionally, relax.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)