AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain lost from 8820
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 8/15/2015 06:53 (#4733995 - in reply to #4733832)
Subject: RE: grain lost from 8820

east central ND
too slow, The fan should max at 1100 to 1200. I think you should run at least 1050 to 1100. Generally 8820 do not throw corn out the back with fan maxed out. Does the belt ride at the top of the drive sheave when the speed adjuster is maxed out? The curved adjuster arms around the top variable sheaves are probably bent. Hard to tell unless comparing to new arms. Could have the fat roll pin between the sheave halves broken. A worn belt(too narrow) or groves worn in to the sheaves can loose 100 RPM quickly. If you have an older 8820, say a 1979 or 80 moldel, has the fan blades ever been updated and the holes where you see in to the sides of the fan been cut a bit bigger? I think the newer fan blades have the tips bent at a slight angle, and the old style are straight. As a quick fix I remember cutting and rewelding the solid link rod (not the threaded rod) an inch shorter for the curved adjuster arms. This would squeeze the belt more if you cannot turn the screw more.

I would get the rpm's up to spec. I think the back of the owners manual has shaft speed specs for max fan speed. When every thing was brand new I want to say the fan RPM would do 1200.

Edit: 60 to 100 bu corn should not pile up inside even with low fan speed. Would still get some in the fan housing from low fan RPM. As for the corn piled on the RH inside, were is it piled up - at the clean grain auger itself, or up on the sieve/chaffer? Or is it on the shaker pan under the sieve? If it is piled on the cross auger is the cotter key and square key in the lower clean grain elevator sprocket? That drives the lower cross auger. Top clean grain sprocket key in place? Upper and lower elevator sprockets in good shape so the elevator chain does not jump sprocket teeth? Upper and lower clean grain drive belts not bottoming out in the sheaves and slipping? Grain tank loading auger taking it away from the elevator in good order?

Edited by D6Joe 8/15/2015 07:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)