AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quicken greif
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/15/2015 07:02 (#4734001 - in reply to #4732837)
Subject: RE: Quicken greif

West Union, Illinois

bdmb - ... I bought new desktop in 2013 and installed quicken 2007 and transferred files from laptop, everything good. I run windows 8.1 and quicken 2007 and have been backing it to hard drive according to quicken...
My xP version of Quicken works OK with Windows 7.  But the geek at Staples did some checking and said it would not work well with Windows 8.  I hope you haven't discovered why.  My experience with Quicken over the years is Intuit does some weird stuff and doesn't play well with the new younger kids.  I've had printing trouble because it handled printers differently than Windows.  I've had backup trouble for who knows what reason.   I've had trouble almost every time I went to a new operating system,  and the solution is always buy the latest version of Quicken made for that OS. This upgrade from xP to W7 is the only time I haven't had a glitch.

Backing up to hard drive is OK IF you have a second hard drive installed.  Your backup needs to be physically separate from the main memory device.  Ideally it would be off-site, perhaps even "in the cloud" if you trust it.    I have a couple memory sticks I throw in a small fireproof safe I bought at a yard sale.  One is for Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  The other is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.  Sunday can be on either one.  Whichever day of the week determines which one gets backed up on.  I try to back it up every day, but it doesn't really happen. If you ever crash a hard drive you'll do dumb stuff like this as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)