AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Soil test pro/Agphd soil test users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 8/10/2015 19:29 (#4726363)
Subject: Question for Soil test pro/Agphd soil test users

Morris, IL
Getting ready to try my first field with free AgPhd soil test setup. This is a wheat field we just combined that i would like to soil test and spread come fall, would also like to get the hang of the whole system before i'm under the gun come fall. But this field is only 9 acres, it's got little curve in it as it follows creek but is 270' wide end to end. A grid does not work with the curve, so i'm just wondering how guys are handling situation like this? Do i have to stick to the grid locations? Do i have to stick to the number of sample points? I can get the right number of sample points but i would like to move few little bit and i'm not sure how that is going to work? Will the final test map/spread map represent the actual sample point or where the grid was placed? I know on other fields i'm sure i'll want to move sample point based on a water way or to get out of endows a little bit.

On the same topic, what kind of zone are you guys sampling from? In college they wanted circle size of pickup truck and shoot for 7". This is all strip till so i'm thinking i'll use 7" as things get worked in slowly. Never banded any fertilizer so not worried about that. Does previous crop make a big difference? All fields will be going to corn, most will be soybeans, maybe a field of COC, and of course just few acres of wheat. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)