AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sukup grain loop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lexion585r
Posted 8/2/2015 11:50 (#4712268 - in reply to #4711500)
Subject: RE: Sukup grain loop

WestCentralMN
We put in a Hutchinson 12" Grain Loop 2 years ago on a new grain storage, drying and handling facility. I do not know much on the Sukup grain loop but the Loop concept in general is very solid. At our farm the loop is used for all tasks at the bin site except elevating corn from the dryer. So it does move wet corn from the dump pit to the wet bin, it moves wet corn to the dryer on demand and is used for reclaiming the corn from the storage bins back to the overhead truck load out bin. We automated the system with PLC's. Not cheap but low maintenance and this is one of the few items I have every purchased where the stated bushel/hour capacity is very accurate. One caution is that they do take sizeable horsepower. We have 70' of vertical lift and 280' of horizontal. We are using twin 60HP drives on each top corner. We are just barely under the 60KW threshold with our local electrical cooperative that would put us in a commercial power user bracket every time we turn the system on. The only thing I would change from my original build would be to go to a 10" system instead of 12" to shave about $30000 from the cost and with our truck load out overhead bin we could easily get by on moving 6000 bu./hour with a 10" system versus the 10000 bu./hour with the 12 inch system.

(BinSite.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BinSite.jpg (121KB - 36 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)