AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Historical or hysterical price pattern?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 7/31/2015 07:45 (#4709158 - in reply to #4708993)
Subject: RE: That's interesting because .....

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
Not weather? That's interesting because (without doing the research) I would have thought the the only sure factor governing grain prices was the weather. If fact I was beginning to wonder if the general global economic investment trend wasn't the explanation for the slowdown in both stocks & commodities.
But when I look at the trends in corn price for the recent past and I think we're just pretty much on track. Look at the monthly continuous corn chart below. Once you filter out all the day to day & week to week noise the only thing you see is general price levels based on supply & demand. This latest rally can be accounted for by the short term uncertainty of this year's supply. Apparently the market believes that despite the excess precipitation in Ill thru Ohio there will be plenty of corn in the near future. If that's shown to be untrue we can expect the price to respond.
But maybe I'm wrong, too.
PS: Sometimes I think we get so caught up in the day to day, week to week fluctuations in price that we fail to see the general trends. And it also seems that most of the noise is deliberately generated just to keep stirring the pot on purpose.

Edited by 1234 7/31/2015 07:49

(cont corn 00-15-page-001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cont corn 00-15-page-001.jpg (93KB - 102 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)