AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hunter/Enviromentalist Encounter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

greenfarmer
Posted 7/28/2015 08:24 (#4703930 - in reply to #4703804)
Subject: RE: Hunter/Enviromentalist Encounter

Central Minnesota
Reading this, is exactly why I feel companies like Monsanto, and Syngenta, Bayer, Dupont, and Basf get off way to easily.

The general public is so far misinformed about chemicals. There's the tree hugger group, that spews lies, and misinformation about so much stuff. Then WE are the ones that look bad. But the big companies have no problems charging us for seed corn, chemicals, and tech fees. But yet, what do they do to inform the public about how safe these chemicals are and can be? Where are they when farmers face backlash from people who are misinformed?

Why aren't these big companies doing more advertising? Why aren't they campaigning and trying to get the message out into the general public about how safe a lot of these chemicals are? Why isn't there stacks of literature at the local coops, or chemical suppliers that are given out to us, to use and hand out to the general public to show them, with actual facts listed, just how safe some chems are?

You can't tell me the margins are so tight for these chemical companies that they can't afford it!

I think they just want to look better themselves in the public eye, and just don't do or say anything to stand up or defend their products. They don't want the backlash that would come from the public when the public starts looking at how many billions these companies make when they are bashing them for killing the bees and everything else.

You handled the situation way better than I would have handled it.

Until you own your own land, and take care of it yourself, you should keep your mouth shut and not tell the farmer and landowner what he should and shouldn't be doing with what he worked hard to own. That's why you handled it way better than I would have.

And now with governor goofy's new buffer strip deal he has coming forward here in the future, look what we will now be exposed to! Everyone will think that it's just fair game to walk out there, hunt, walk their dogs, use our land as their recreation area. Going to be some interesting times moving forward.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)