AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fastest way to heal my heal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tigger
Posted 7/21/2015 19:20 (#4692354 - in reply to #4692255)
Subject: RE: Fastest way to heal my heal?

Iowa
I used to use some broad spectrum, surface applied antibiotics. Any sort of infection will make it sting a little more and heal a little slower. I also used to spray on some "New Skin". It's sort of like a mixture of finger nail polish and bactine. That stings a little (or maybe a lot) as well. In addition, I used large bandages or a wrap to give a little more protection during the healing process. Moisture is not your friend with blisters. Cotton socks will absorb more moisture and hold it next to your skin. Unless you've got something terribly wrong with your footwear, your skin will eventually adapt & you will stop getting blisters.

Edit to add: Another trick to prevent blisters is to use a product called "Body Glide". You can get it at a good sporting goods store that sells running shoes. It's a dry product you can apply to skin areas that are likely to get a blister, a rash, or just rubbed a little raw due to physical activity. I've gotten very few blisters on my feet since I started using it.

Edited by tigger 7/21/2015 19:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)