AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tried some wheat today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 7/16/2015 07:00 (#4682483 - in reply to #4681765)
Subject: RE: Tried some wheat today

We are in same "boat" as Orfarmer, looks like today is RUN HARD and rain tomorrow. I started last night around 5:00 pm, took off about 11 acres, went around a LOT of standing water and went through some water, it will be fun today, lots of white knuckle driving and breath holding.
It was too late to get a sample in elevator, but we too have sprouts, VOM will be very high and moisture, I am guessing around 19%.
Some others ran last night with reports of 19-21% moisture over 10 ppm VOM and 49% test weight.
I talked my insurance adjuster, and he said wheat has to be harvested for claim unless it gets REALLY bad, so if wheat is rejected from 2 elevators, then I would have to find a salvage buyer. He said they have never had to go to that extreme of circumstances. I was checking to get my ducks in a row to know what to do for future.
My point was why go to all that extra cost if you wont get paid much for it anyway, why not mow / chop it and manage the vol wheat and weeds with other means when it eventually dries up.

Good luck and weather to you guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)