AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

boy Grandpa thats a ot of tires! silage rings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MCatSHF
Posted 7/1/2015 12:40 (#4656080 - in reply to #4655998)
Subject: RE: boy Grandpa thats a ot of tires! silage rings

Sandy Hook, MB

rebuilder - 7/1/2015 11:27

We have a couple tire recyclers near here. I have seen those same style bundles.....but could not tell you what they cost. I'm usually dropping off loads of my old tires to be recycled.

Keep that in mind when you wear out those you just got. LOL you might be able to save a little on trucking....

Hello Rebuilder
They might even be from Reliable Tire Recycling in Winnipeg, MB. I've been buying mine there, usually a few every year to add to the collection. They used to be stacked loose like those, in long rows & guy would come with skidsteer with forks on & load you up. Roughly 25 sidewalls on each fork. 2 years ago I was there to drop off some tires & pick up some more sidewalls. I noticed that they had piles & piles of them in that style of bundle. I thought that was a better idea & would make loading easier & get a better handle on the # that I was getting for my $.
NOPE!!! Those are not for sale. Those are all sold & going to the USA. If you want some, they got a small pile of garbage that I had to pick through by hand & took only about every second or third 1 because they were complete garbage!!! They looked like the sidewalls from blowouts!!! The edges were all shredded & uneven, & they had wires sticking out of them!!! I'm not going to put sidewalls with wires sticking out of them on top of my plastic covers, just to tear holes in them.
& what really gets me is that we pay a tire tax on each new tire that we purchase here in MB to fund that recycling program, & then get left with all the scrap, while the good products get sold elsewhere????????????????????????????????????
PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)