AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Value of a tedder, cutting oat hay, rowdy calves (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 7/1/2015 07:31 (#4655632)
Subject: Value of a tedder, cutting oat hay, rowdy calves (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

One of my neighbors cut some nurse crop oats for hay last week and with the intermittent almost daily rain showers, the windrows have been rained on a couple times.  We took my tedder and re spread his raked windrows to try to get them to dry. My Krone did a very good job. The regrowth stubble is holding the tedded wet oats up off of the ground and it should dry out in a couple days so it can be re raked and baled. Tedding gives you some options.

With a good forecast for the next few days I cut some of my own oat nurse crop hay. These oats had been notill drilled into shredded corn stalks but obviously without gps/autosteer! There is a pretty good stand of mixed grasses and clover coming up under the oats but not too visible in the photo. I'm trying the narrow windrows to let the ground alongside dry out a bit. I'll ted these out wide and thin today.

I also clipped what has been for the last couple months the calving pasture. So far no signs of that pinkeye going around and want to keep it that way. The spring calves are at that rambunctious stage, running around like a group of kindergarteners. One of the babysitter cows was trying to get them under control...without much success!  Another group of calves took off for the woods followed by a couple mama cows. You could almost see the cows thinking kids, kids, kids...

Here are a couple pics from an interesting day yesterday.

Edited by Jim 7/1/2015 07:50

(IMG172536_tedding neighbors rained on oat hay windrows 063015.jpg)

(IMG193155 cutting oat hay nurse crop on new hay 063015.jpg)

(IMG121618 baby sitter trying to roundup the kids 063015.jpg)

(IMG121906_rounding up the kids running around 063015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG172536_tedding neighbors rained on oat hay windrows 063015.jpg (183KB - 423 downloads)
Attachments IMG193155 cutting oat hay nurse crop on new hay 063015.jpg (193KB - 422 downloads)
Attachments IMG121618 baby sitter trying to roundup the kids 063015.jpg (95KB - 446 downloads)
Attachments IMG121906_rounding up the kids running around 063015.jpg (116KB - 431 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)