AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Liberty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 6/28/2015 10:41 (#4650589 - in reply to #4650578)
Subject: RE: Spray Liberty

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
tom1491 - 6/28/2015 10:34

There are very few broad leaves in the grand scheme of things. Mostly marestail, and polk berry. but they are scattered here and there. They aren't going to take over the field, just a few that escaped burn down. Bigger concern is the grass coming but I figured it's better to use select since liberty has been questionable on grass in the past. I'm also wondering what the yield drag of spraying this late is. I'm afraid it will be more than just leaving the weeds. I'm not against spending time with the hoe either, but I can't hoe isolated weeds on 700 acres.

I can see your point then. Bad part about letting some of em go is it adds to the weed bank.
But I'll deal.with some weeds next year if I know it'll make betternyield this year...
Hopefully someone else will chime in with some experience.
My RR beans need post sprayed. I was planning on adding flexstar to the mix to give it residual to keep out this late, but now its not an option. I'll have to hit mine with GLY and select as soon as I can get in . I believe many also think Gly shouldn't sprayed at flower. But I'm going with the idea I'd rather take the chance in the yield hit, but have cleaner beans the next 3 months. I also would have some very disappointed landlords as well if I didn't spray for the broadleafs...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)