AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you spray this field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Case IH farmer
Posted 6/28/2015 14:09 (#4650915 - in reply to #4650902)
Subject: RE: Would you spray this field

IL
Dave Cen.Ia - 6/28/2015 11:00

You may well be right but I feel what happened was too many guys spraying 8 - 16 oz. when they should have been spraying 32. Resistant seed "here" seems to be dependent on water to spread the fastest. If you have resistant hemp upstream from your field, high water makes it travel the fastest. If you have seed corn production upstream from your field, you're almost guaranteed to have resistant hemp. Fields that don't meet that criteria still have a chance of roundup working fairly well, even on oversized weeds. It's not always the pick of the litter but a good shot of roundup "may" still be the best bang for the buck and cause the least amount of damage. I don't think I would use 50oz. though.

You are right. Cutting rates causes resistance not increasing rates. Around here the few guys that get by with RUP use 40oz and 22oz is what is recommended by monsanto as a full rate.

I don't know if clay read my post wrong or what but if the TWH aren't resistant spraying them with a high rate of RUP isn't a recipe for resistance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)