AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any GPS find the most efficient AB line or pattern?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/28/2015 13:20 (#4650852 - in reply to #4649118)
Subject: RE: Do any GPS find the most efficient AB line or pattern?

Leesburg, Ohio
There is really nothing to "figure out".

All our fields are odd shaped. But I use straight A-B lines on almost all of them. I run the ends with adaptive curves. The first time planting or spraying a field, after the ends are done, I go the longest nearly straight side there is, and set an A point and a B point while completing the first pass inside the ends. Our Deere system will save that line, and we can re-use it every time we operate in that field, or we can create a new line any time.

The A-B line will have some overlap into the endows along that beginning side, but swath control eliminates most of that. Swath control is the key to efficiency and cost savings in these new technology systems.

Custom operators should be able to see which way you have worked or planted the field, so maybe you need to have an understanding with them, of find a new custom service.

Eliminating all overlap is really not possible, but swath control will come very very close, and it will pay for the rest of the technology in material cost savings very quickly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)