AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Managing crop and equipment data in SMS for JD Greenstar 3 system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 6/30/2015 08:38 (#4653894 - in reply to #4648403)
Subject: RE: Managing crop and equipment data in SMS for JD Greenstar 3 system

Eastern Nebraska
There is a default list in the Deere displays for crops. I'll talk about the crop types first. So I only send certain varieties back to the 2630s if the customer needs them. Aside from that I choose not to send any varieties back to keep the lists as clean as possible. The only "variety" I send back to the display usually is generic CORN for the use of the prescriptions I create. You just need to make sure what you're saving when you do your display setup profiles in SMS.

When it comes to implements, I've been told by Ag Leader, and have asked at the classes if the implement offsets that we create in SMS will carry over to the 2630s on the device setup. They say that they will. I have experienced otherwise, in that they typically do not carry over. Now that our planting season is finally at a close, this was going to be one of the things I tested this summer to see if they had fixed this in an update or not. If implement and machine offsets are not saving, we need to document this and let Ag Leader know so their engineers can fix it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)