AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Northern leaf blight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pehinric
Posted 6/24/2015 21:22 (#4644382 - in reply to #4644223)
Subject: RE: Northern leaf blight?

East central Iowa, Camanche, Iowa
With the wet conditions and conditions conducive for early pathogens to attack an already stressed plant I am taking a proactive preventative approach. With the jet stream forecast for late June/early July looking like a break from this wet pattern I want my corn to have the best possible chance to take advantage of that opportunity. I do not do this every year, sometimes I wait to see if the threat is at threshold levels (visual). This year the conditions dictate an early proactive approach instead of a reactive one.

There are many ways to increase yield one is during kernel set (first 35 days), after that yield potential can be maintained by preserving the vegetative part of the plant for better carbohydrate production.

One size does not fit all. Your management decisions need to be made on what you have to this point and what you anticipate what will happen in the future. I have learned over the years to be flexible and through different forms of research I have an arsenal of things available to me for different conditions.

I do not have to hit a home run every time I am at bat but if I get a single maybe that single will drive in the winning run.

East Central Iowa

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)