AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean inoculum question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 6/24/2015 06:29 (#4643176)
Subject: Soybean inoculum question.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
I went from an old style soybean meter to a vacuum planter this year but wasn't really concern with the question of inoculum because all my soybean ground has previously had multiple crops of soybeans. However, due to the weather I have a few acres of new ground to plant to soybeans which has never, I mean never seen soybeans. Now as back ground, a couple of years ago my neighbor plant beans on "virgin" ground, ran out of inoculum on the last few acres and it was obvious, that part of the field uninoculated showed obvious symptoms of nitrogen shortage, the roots had no nodules unlike the inoculated part.
Obviously the liquid inoculum would probably work in a vacuum planter because enough would stick to the seeds even with the vacuum however then I'd be stuck with most of a container of unused material until next year. The peat-based inoculum stores well but it seems to me that most of the peat-based inoculum would just be sucked off by the vacuum.
My question is: "Has anyone ever used a peat-based inoculum with a vacuum planter in a situation where the results could reliably determined?" Has anyone ever stored an opened container of liquid inoculum over a year?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)