AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early Maturing Soybean Recommendation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Russet
Posted 6/23/2015 17:42 (#4642436)
Subject: Early Maturing Soybean Recommendation

East Idaho
Looking at growing soybeans here in Idaho next year. Until this year there hasn't been a close enough delivery point to think about growing them. We have an average frost dates of May 27th and Sept 20th (110 days). Growing degree days accumulated in that timeframe would be 1800-2100. Probably looking at a group 00 soybean. I know a lot of the beans grown in ND are group 00. Can anyone tell me if I have enough frost free days and if I can accumulate enough growing degree days to get the crop to maturity? I'm thinking of a planting date around May 15th and harvesting around Sept. 20th. They will be 100% irrigated and we get a lot of warm sunny days June - Sept. Most of the ground is sandy loam soils, think top producing potato ground. We average the highest yielding wheat and barley in the country. Typical yields are from 120-150bu. Just needing a new crop rotation from the typical spuds/barley rotation.

Can anyone from the Northern U.S. make a variety recommendation or clue me in on what group maturities to look at?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)