AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oops! Deleted Outlook email folders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 5/30/2015 08:17 (#4599039)
Subject: Oops! Deleted Outlook email folders

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas

OK, so I get a call from a coworker a couple days ago- He has sub-folders to store Outlook emails. Apparently, some of those folders were located under the trash folder for quite some time. He decided to delete his trash, and those folders went, too! What are my chances of recovering them? When you delete the trash, it asks if you want to permanently delete them, and they are not in the recycle bin. He is running Windows 7 Pro. Windows backup is set up and does daily backups of his computer. The same (offsite/local) company that hosts our website is also our email server. Server emails are deleted after a month- much of the email content is older, so recovery through the server wouldn't work, either.

I went to 'Backup and restore' on his computer yesterday and tried to restore his files. I chose 'Restore files and folders' and selected a backup from a few days ago before he deleted those emails. I watched as it was restoring and it seemed to restore a bunch of .jpg's and some desktop folders, but the deleted Outlook folders didn't restore.

What next? Were those 'Outlook trash folder' items getting backed up? Do I need to restore differently? We do have a PC Guru that we call from time to time- maybe it's time to call him?

good luck -jim

Edited by guessrow 5/30/2015 08:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)