AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KC Wheat Chart - A glimmer of hope?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/26/2015 10:19 (#4591835)
Subject: KC Wheat Chart - A glimmer of hope?

Let me preface this by saying everything I'm putting in this post is based upon the bias I have that the "C" pivot of the most recent fork on the continuous KC wheat daily chart has already formed and that we're going lower from here. The "C pivot" may not have already formed and so all of this may be worthless.

That being said, if it has already formed, here is the "by the book" fork:

That is a fairly normal fork and if the C pivot has already formed, projects that we're going down to a price that is almost certainly going to be as low as or lower than $4.80.

jpartner as I understand it does it a little differently than that though and draws his fork  by placing the pivot point on the first bar that price does not end up closing higher than. It would look like the fork below:

As you can see in my note on that fork, often when price peaks outside of the fork early on it is a tell of sorts that price may be a bit stronger than the fork suggests. In that situation it is not unusual for price to fail to reach the median line (ML) of the fork. In that case the Hagopian rule comes into affect and price goes at least as far in the opposite direction (in this case above the upper median line (UML)).

Personally, I guess I'm in the camp that we still go to the ML of this fork but it is certainly something to keep in mind. To Hagopian this fork would not be incredibly bullish, but at least it wouldn't be as bearish as what is being projected. If we do reach the ML of this fork, it's projecting something that will very likely be lower than the previous low of $4.8375 or whatever it was. Below is a zoomed out view. If it takes a long time to get to the ML it could project a very low price. If it takes a short time, we could still be in the $4.80 range for the low. If it happens to go really fast and it zooms the ML, it could go to the lower median line (LML) which would be obviously very low.

I guess my take is that even though I think we're going to the ML, I don't have the courage to go from 50% sold to 100% sold on my expected production in case there is something I'm missing. So I'm sitting here hoping I'm wrong, and worried I'm right.

Edited by dpilot83 5/26/2015 12:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)