AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IMac and Farmworks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 5/9/2015 22:18 (#4560937 - in reply to #4557221)
Subject: RE: IMac and Farmworks

Texas

bswenseth - 5/8/2015 11:26 I run an iMac and Farmworks. I have been for 3 years now. I have a 27" iMac, Processor-3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory-16GB 133 MHz DDR3, running OS X Yosemite I am using Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac to run Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Farmworks Surface for Drain Tile design and I have never had any troubles with farmworks running slow on my system. I only use the Windows portion of my computer to run Farmworks and any other program that is only windows based (which is only my business system-DIS Keystone). I never go on the internet on the windows side because I am scared of Viruses and Malware. One nice thing is when Windows crashes you don't have to wait for the entire computer to shut down and power up again, all you have to do is close Parallels and open it again. Transferring files to and from Farmworks is simple. Insert your usb in the computer and drop the file onto the desktop, open parallels and on the windows side the file is sitting on the desktop in windows.

Exactly the same way I've been doing it for about a year now since my PC failed.  I like not needing to run virus protection for Windows.  I simply never browse the internet in Parallels.  If windows gets too many things going at once which slows it down, I restart Parallels and it's off to the races again.  Pretty nice to swipe between the two systems as needed.  I don't plan to go back to a Windows based PC after learning how to use a MAC.

I'm running Vista with mine and don't ever need to update anything.  It is much more stable now that I'm not online with the operating system constantly updating itself. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)