AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Music interuptions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/11/2015 07:52 (#4510140)
Subject: Music interuptions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a large collection of music that has been converted to the MP3 format. I have copied this music around to various devices such as my iPhone, old Walkmans, SD cards etc. for use in various locations and situations.

I have several computers around through the years. I had an old Sony in my shop that was used with an external USB hard drive to play music in my shop. This was an XP machine and it worked well for this task. I have my personal music in a folder that consists of several subfolders which are named by artist. Within these folders may be other subfolders that are separate albums and eventually the files that are the music itself. This worked great.

The old Sony gave out so I bought a very low end HP laptop for under $200 new. This is very stripped down and has minimal storage space as they give you a chuck of Cloud storage as part of the deal. I don't have internet access in the shop and just planned on using this laptop for music to replace the Sony.

This new machine uses a version of Win 8. I use the included music player with my music. I created some very large playlists so I can just click on the list and walk away and have music play at random for several hours. This works OK but every once in a while, the music will stop. There will be a several seconds of silence and then the song will start up again where it had left off. It is as if someone pushed PAUSE and then later pushed PLAY again.

This never happened with the Sony or an old IBM laptop which used the same external hard drive. I assume this is due to the reduced capabilities of this low priced machine. This is certain acceptable but I'm wondering if there is something I can change in a setup to prevent these pauses. Maybe shorter playlists would help. Any ideas? I guess I could still bring the old IBM out and use it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)