AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laptop/tablet for Quickbooks Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/2/2015 15:21 (#4492222)
Subject: Laptop/tablet for Quickbooks Pro

Southeast Wyoming

I'm considering the purchase of a laptop or a tablet, mainly designed for running QBPro. I want something that boots fast, something that has a number pad on the keyboard, and possibly a touch screen and a solid state HD since I want it for OTR off duty use in semi.  I want something that will allow me to make a few entries when I have 5 or 10 minutes instead of taking a large amount of that time booting and loading the program.

I do not have a lot of bucks to spend so I may just suffer through with what I have.

I currently have an older laptop I bought on ebay.  It has Win 8 and Win 7 installed but I'm sure the OEM software was Vista.  I'm having issues with authenticating Windows 8.  I get a message to authenticate but when I go to the authentication window it says it is authenticated.  It will download and attempt to install updates but after spending a very long time trying to install it will abort the process and then may take hours (IDK, I walk away and let it do it's thing) uninstalling what was updated.

It has not been satisfactory.  It is slow to boot, slow to load.  Accounting can become a real nightmare when the computer has issues.

I have not heard good things about switching from QBPro/Windows to QBPro/Apple so I want to stay with Windows.  I DO NOT want to do QBPro through Intuit's online servers (though if I could sync it through my homebased server that would be wonderful.)

Have anyone of you used QBPro on a Surface Pro machine?  Has it been satisfactory?  It does look too pricey but . . .

TIA      Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)