AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about grain hauling with gooseneck dump trailer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SD-455
Posted 3/31/2015 12:47 (#4488445 - in reply to #4488193)
Subject: RE: SD455 question

Northeast Indiana (Auburn)
(4) 1/2" u bolts go around the box sill on 4 corners thru the floor deck and down around the trailer frame. I take the center (3) 2"X12" boards out. The center dump bed has two doors in the bottom like a semi trailer. I open the doors and the grain goes thru the floor and into the pit. The door crank wheels are not on in the pictures. The front door drops grain straight down. The back door will dump on the back axle. I made some deflectors to send the grain to the front of the back axle. It is not as top heavy as you would think. The axles I have are Dexter. They were ordered with 40" spring centers and 15,000lb springs. The hubs are rated at 12,000lbs. To go 15,000lb hubs I would have needed to get 10 lug wheels. About 210 bushels is below the 2' high extensions so the weight is low. The trailer and bed weigh around 6500lbs. I pull it with a 2006 K2500 Duramax and it pulls easy. The (4) brakes on the trailer are each 5" wide. The trailer brakes will stop the load truck and trailer quite easy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)