AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow up question to jury duty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 3/28/2015 09:11 (#4482031 - in reply to #4481163)
Subject: RE: Follow up question to jury duty

North of London
Through the years I have been selected for the jury pool several times.
Most times I then received notice closer to time that there were no proceedings so I did not need to report.
1 time I reported and was told the case had been set aside or some such thing and I could go home.

1 time I reported and there was a murder trial and although I had hoped to be on my way in an hour or so to a meeting I was selected for the jury so spent the next week in court.

I do remember at least one name being called when the random selection was made and no one came forward, think there was notes taken and I expect action resulted.
we did have to register when we arrived so I would think even if your name was not pulled they would know if you were a no show.

If you do not show I think it is considered an offence in Ontario and you will be charged and at least fined.

It is a citizens duty and can be quite interesting but certainly puts a damper on your day to day activity and you have no control over what will happen, if you will be there all day or let go early. It usually is not a long day so some work can be done before and after on a farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)