AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine width- Shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/27/2015 08:16 (#4479877 - in reply to #4479834)
Subject: RE: Combine width- Shop

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mivy - 3/27/2015 07:02

Will a 9510 fit threw a 16' high 18' wide shop door? Obviously without heads on.

I think you will be fine but possibly there may be a problem with a hopper extension. I built a new shed some years back and after it was done I had the sick feeling that my 9650STS with hopper extensions might not have enough clearance. The door is 15' 8" x 30'. I am able to drive this combine in without any height issues. The bubble up loading auger is close but has a few inches to spare. Width wise I can drive in with my 893 corn head but not the 930F bean head.

Last year I needed to work on the bean head and wanted to do this on the combine in the shop. Since it would not fit to go straight in I did the following: I backed the combine into the shed without the head and turned the combine 90 degrees. I then backed the head in on the cart with a small tractor and reattached the head to the combine. I marked the floor where the wheels of the cart were and pulled the cart out. After completing the work on the head, we reversed the process to put the head back on the cart and pull it out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)