AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is an unusual request
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 3/26/2015 23:34 (#4479519 - in reply to #4475021)
Subject: RE: This is an unusual request

Southwest Illinois
Find a rental company in a bigger town. Rental floors are available but you best be sitting down for the cost. Friend of our family got married at a winery which was a very neat setting on some bluffs over looking the Missouri River. Company came the day of the wedding and it appeared that they laid down something like a tongue and groove subfloor though it was maybe 3/8" thick, then they laid a floating dance floor over the top. When the event ended they came and took it down. If I recall the winery had the tent set up already and had numerous events there during the spring, summer and fall. If I recall it was set up on part of their asphalt parking lot. I will say it was real nice and they had trim around the floor and I am guessing on the size but it wasn't huge, maybe 30'x30' tops. I have no idea what it cost but based on the vehicles that came to take it apart and the number of folks they had to take it down I would bet it cost a bunch. Have no idea on your setup but maybe they could have the wedding at your place and the reception somewhere else. I have been to several out door receptions that I recall. The first was one in which it rained early that day and the grass was still wet and the gravel was sticky. I wasn't too far removed from college and it was a pretty laid back affair and probably resembled a party more than a wedding. So most folks were in very casual attire. Another we attended was in the late spring a few years back but it was very cold. They had a big tent set up and it did have sides that they could close to keep the breeze out but it was still very cold and the crowd thinned out about the time dessert was served. Weddings lately seem to be a contest of who can spend the most money and I don't blame anyone for having a nice event, but we have been to several weddings the last couple years that I am sure exceeded $50K in total cost and that may be too low.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)