AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DISH Network Satelite Internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 3/24/2015 12:00 (#4473868 - in reply to #4473592)
Subject: RE: DISH Network Satelite Internet

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

wkuag - 3/24/2015 08:24 Does any have DISH Network internet? Does it work well? I live 2 miles from a major Time Warner facility but since there only a few homes our road, there is no hope of ever getting a cable line in our neighborhood. No DSL available either. We currently use Verizon Hot Spots that work quite well but the data cost is outrageous if watch many videos let alone something like Netflix. Just wondering if DISH is a viable option.

We went from Mediacom cable to dish last year.  Still use Mediacom for internet, hate to change my address and not so sure about quality of internet from dish. 

I like most of the things about dish network, rain fade was expected, happened a couple of times in the last year.  Has to be a pretty big rain to lose signal, but it happens from time to time.  Was worried about snow build up blocking signal, but didn't have a problem this year even though at times I noticed snow on a quarter of the dish.  Signal at that time was not great, some pixilation, but not too annoying. 

I love their sling, can watch on my MS Surface anywhere there is internet.  Don't use it a lot, but it is a nice feature.  Hopper and Joeys work great, I record all shows and usually watch later or delete as needed. 

It is a bit cheaper than I was paying for cable, but not as big a savings as they would like you to believe. 

If you have no choice between cable and dish, go for it quickly.  Get someone who has dish to recommend you and you both get a $50 credit for signing up for the service.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)