AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't wait to make a visit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 3/16/2015 03:51 (#4456521 - in reply to #4456152)
Subject: RE: Don't wait to make a visit

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Chuck, I'm sure it meant a lot to him and his family when you did. I don't remember if I mentioned it on here before or not but my friend had his celebration of life about three weeks ago. He had passed on about three weeks prior to the celebration, it just took time get his son who is in the service home from overseas plus other conflicts. I'm very thank-full for seeing him when I did.

Just to change the subject a little his chelebration of life was the most unique I have ever attended. First off it wasn't in a church or funeral home but in his home down town movie theater where he and his wife helped to rejuvenate over the years. They had live plays as well as movies over the years in this theater. When we walked into the theater you were offered a bottle of water and fresh popcorn to whoever wanted it. The place was packed with friends and family with people standing in the back as well as people literaly sitting in the aisles, not sure if the fire marshsal would've approved of that :-). Darwin pretty much wrote his own ulogy ahead of time when he was in better shape. He put a lot of humor into it which helped the crowd. He was truely amazing man who was much more involved in his community then I realized and this was very apparent by the large turnout. He even had a band he played with perform at the end of the ceremony. He wanted people to get up and dance and yes for the first time ever my wife and I acctually got up and danced at a persons celebration of life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)