AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what would you charge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 3/7/2015 08:20 (#4437545 - in reply to #4437369)
Subject: RE: what would you charge?

Saronville NE
And at 10.50 only way they are making money is if doing 5-10k bales a yr or losing money.

Blows my mind how cheap some guys do bale for. Allot more to custom bale then fuel, net, and baler. You have insurance, pp tax, income tax, fuel in pu driving around looking at hay, going after parts, tractor hour depreciation, baler depreciation or payment ( how're you want to look at it) repairs, maintence, and TIME! Time is huge and after you cover all those things I want to make a profit on top of it.

Repairs, price to update etc is huge anymore. Now I know a paid for 4430 and 535 can work way cheaper then a newer outfit, but I know very few guys if any with a outfit like that baling 5k+ bales a yr. huge difference between doing 250-500 bales a yr of your own hay and doing 5k+ bales a yr. I've got lots of small customers like 100 bales a yr or less, they can't own a decent baler for less then 1500 a yr, and when you spend that much time on the road and checking on things etc, you need more to cover all that time, that is the issue most overlook. It's very common for me to put 350 hrs on a baling tractor in 4500-5k bales, due to road time, field size etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)