AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Kitchen Range
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/6/2015 09:58 (#4435442)
Subject: New Kitchen Range

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My GF and I are looking into getting a new kitchen range. The current range is 18 years old and doesn't have a delayed oven start feature. The current range is electric. LP gas is available and is used for a clothes dryer, water heater and furnace. It would involve some plumbing to get the gas to the range area but would not be real bad. There is a 220V outlet there now. An LP range would require 110V which is certainly possible.

For now, I'm leaning toward electric again. I went to a local popular store that seems to be a good choice. They had a Whirlpool model on a special deal. I was pretty well set on going with this range but decided to wait. Once I got back home I did a search on it. There were two reviews of this range. The first review was quite long and very negative. This review was well written and explained that Whirlpool had even sent a representative to address her concerns. The representative couldn't find anything needing repair on the range. The writer concluded that apparently that's just the way it is. The second review complained that a major component went out soon after warranty and the replacement was about 80% of the cost of the range. This might explain why there is a special on that model. Right or wrong, I've decided against this model.

So what is a good model? I know this is a wide open question and will depend on one's needs and desires. We are looking for a basic stove. Is going with a basic model from someone like Bosch or Samsung worthy of the extra cost compared to something like a Kenmore, GE, Whirlpool etc.?

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice on a choice. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)