AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision 20/20 monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ro_bo
Posted 3/5/2015 15:58 (#4433555 - in reply to #4433172)
Subject: RE: Precision 20/20 monitor

SE North Dakota
Just asking, how familiar are you with Precision Planting stuff?? My best advice to you is to ask around your neighbors/farmers in your community to find a good, qualified Precision Planting Dealer that is knowledgeable about all of the P.P. products and components and systems. They are really helpful to find, set you up with used and new stuff that you would need to get what you want for your planters etc. We have had a 20/20 monitor system with P.P. mini boxes with eset meters on our planter since 2007 (2006 JD 16 row 30" 1770nt). The first year or so is a little hectic trying to digest all the info it provides, there is a learning curve, but it isn't bad, but if you have questions or need help, your dealer and the folks at P.P. are very helpful and great to work with. There should be some deals out there on used P.P 20/20s and other components too. The nice part about the P.P. system is you can add components as you can afford them to some extent anyway. I hope i answered some of your questions?? There is Gen. 1 and Gen. 2 20/20s when you go to deltaforce system you need a faster processor (Gen. 2) Originally in 2007 the 20/20 cost was $5000.00, that might of included the other hardware, harnesses, smart connector, row unit modules, (rum), weight sensors, and other misc. stuff required to make everything work. Last year, we added single row shut off with row flow,tru count air clutches, air force and hyd. A.F. P.P. compressor, more weigh sensors,clean sweep system. Absolutely its the way to go just my opinion, best thing we have ever done with the planter since we bought it new in 2006. This is getting too long sorry, have any questions call me. I'M NOT A P.P. DEALER BUT I SURE KNOW A GREAT ONE THOUGH !!! 701-680-0704 I'll try and help with what little i know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)